QuickBooks is very efficient accounting software that has made the lives of any accounting professionals easier. QuickBooks error 12029 is mainly a network tie-out error. It arises when QuickBooks does not get an IP address, and the servers are linked through a poor connection. It can also happen when the back-end servers cannot revert to QB within the specified interval of time. In this article, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot it.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12029?
You can fix this error code in various ways. Go through some of them below.
Test the connectivity and settings
Note that QuickBooks uses internet explorer. So, you need to set it as the default browser. Follow these steps.
- After closing QB, open the ‘Microsoft IE.’
- Go to ‘Tools’ and open the ‘Internet’ options.
- On the ‘Security Tab’, find the globe symbol.
- Ascertain that you have set the security level to ‘Medium-high.’
- In the ‘Connections Tab’ choose ‘Never dial a connection’ if you have not used the dial-up node. If you have used it, then select ‘Correct internet service provider.’
- Press ‘OK’ and navigate to the ‘LAN settings.’
- In the ‘Automatically detect settings’ tab, search for the checkbox of ‘Proxy server.’
- Hit ‘OK’ and navigate to ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Navigate to ‘Restore advanced settings’ and select ‘TLS 1.2.’
- Press ‘OK.’
- Reboot your system and download the TLS 1.2 utility.
Check your system’s security settings.
Sometimes, the Firewall or Antivirus settings block the software from connecting to the server. You should inspect and change the settings in this case.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Save it on your system and then run it.
- The tool will configure the Firewall and launch the ports automatically.
- Now see if the error has gone or not.
Install or update the QB Desktop security certificate
It is another method through which you can resolve this error in QuickBooks. Follow these steps.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and then tap on ‘Properties.’
- Launch the file location and then tap ‘OK.’
- Now, right-tap on the QuickBooks file’ and tap ‘Properties.’
- Select the ‘QuickBooks option’ and tap on the option of ‘Details.’
- Tap on ‘View certificate’ and click ‘Install certificate.’
- Ensure to set the store location as the current location below the certificate import wizard window. Then tap ‘Next’ followed by ‘Finish.’
You don’t have to panic when you find this error on QB. Use the various effective techniques described above to resolve it. Get expert QuickBooks technical support if you still find yourself dealing with it.