Are you wondering how to change the screen size in QuickBooks Desktop because of QuickBooks display issues? If yes then this article is tailor made for you. In this article we have mentioned every single reason that triggers issues properly displaying QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows and Mac PC along with the steps to fix these common issues. You will also know about the components that QuickBooks requires to properly display fonts and windows on your computer. For complete and step-by-step instructions follow the entire article until the end.
You can also reach QuickBooks Desktop support at 1.800.579.0391 for additional help and support resolving QuickBooks Online Display Issues
Common Symptoms for QuickBooks Display Issues
Following are some of the most common symptoms that indicates that your QuickBooks Desktop application is experiencing display issues:
- Business Form does not fit right on the screen.
- The icons to resize the window located at the top right of the window disappears.
- Different form fields overlapping with each other.
- Options will disappear from the dashboard.
- Distorted desktop screen causing trouble reading the QuickBooks Screens.
- QuickBooks Window Size Problem
Also read : Quickbooks error 6129
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Display Issues
QuickBooks Online Display Issues can easily be resolved by following the troubleshooting methods listed below:
Solution 1: Make Changes to QuickBooks Display settings
Before you follow the troubleshooting steps let’s resolve QuickBooks Display issues by changing the display and view preferences in QuickBooks.
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop application and open the Windows Start menu.
- Type “QuickBooks” into the search field and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and click Open file location.
- Inside folder and right-click the QuickBooks.exe file and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and select the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings checkbox. You can also choose Change high DPI settings and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Hit on Apply and then click OK.
- Run QuickBooks and check if this resolves the display issues in QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Make Changes to View Preferences in QuickBooks
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
- Select the Desktop View from the list of options and then the click My Preferences tab.
- From the View tab, select the One Window option.
- Click OK and restart QuickBooks and open your company file.
Hopefully, you have now successfully resolved QuickBooks display issues by following the troubleshooting instructions listed in this article. In case, if you are still not getting the correct QuickBooks Desktop display, then dial 1.800.579.0391 and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for troubleshooting help and assistance.
Also read : Quickbooks error 15241