Usually the installation process can be done quickly. Users do not have too many technical terms to bother learning. Although there are no terms, you can perform the setup process for the Linksys RE6500.
To complete the Linksys RE6500 Setup process, you can follow these steps.
Linksys Extender setup RE6500
Start the setup process for Linksys RE6500 by fixing the extender. Connect the router’s two antennas. Connect the power cable to the rear of the extender at the cable port.
- Extender placement – Set the extender to anywhere between your computer or laptop and your Wi-Fi router. Make sure the extension is located away from the PC or router. Even before installation completes, this will degrade the signal strength.
- Power to Extender – Insert in an outlet and turn on the other side of the power cord. Push the Power button on the router and hold it.
The bright light on the router is illuminated when the extender has sufficient power.
These steps help you develop your Linksys extension’s hardware.
Setup of hardware is as vital as setup of a Wi-Fi network. Place the extension as close as possible to the router to enable the extender to handle the signal.
Configure the WiFi Protected Setup button to complete the setup process, you can use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on the router and the extender.
- Press the Linksys Extender button on and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- If a “Wi-Fi Protected Setup Button” is displayed on your PC or laptop, click. If not, you can hit the pushbutton Wi-fi Protected Setup on the router. Hold it in four to five seconds, press this button.
- The power LED on the extension will light after the setup process is complete.
- Click ‘Ok’ within two minutes after the configuration ends when using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup screen.
If you can’t reach to the completed page try to connect your extender through extender.linksys.com
Use the Extender PIN to Linksys RE6500 Setup
Follow these instructions if the setup process is to be completed with the PIN process.
- The personal number or PIN normally appears on the device’s bottom. On the product label at the bottom you will find the PIN of your extensor. In case the PIN cannot be found on your device or anyplace in the user instructions provided with the extensor, you may also call the firm.
- Only if your router offers the Wi-Fi Protected Setup menu, you can utilise the PIN approach.
- Once the secured Wi-Fi display opens up, fill out the information you need. Afterwards, click “Register.”
- It takes a few minutes for the extender to connect to the Wi-Fi router. The Power LED on the extension lights up once the connection is made.
- Click “Ok” next. •
Using the conventional Linksys RE6500 configuration method
- Open your computer with a web browser and visit the Linksys Extender website. The Setup Wizard page will be sent to you.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button on the Setup Wizard page.
- Choose ‘As a wireless range extensor’ and choose ‘Following’ on the next screen.
- A list of available networks around the Extender device can be found. Choose your Wi-Fi network name from the list.
You will see the names of the two bands on your screen if you use a dual band network.
If your network name is concealed, you can access it by browsing the options below and selecting ‘Enter your network name and password manually.’
- In addition, you must provide your Wi-Fi Network password. Enter the password and click on ‘Next’ in the relevant area.
- In the next screen, the device can be set to the WLAN.
- The option to change your extended Network Name is always available. When the names are finished, click ‘Next’ to change the name.
- The Spot Finder then determines whether or not the signal strength is strong. You will know whether the extender is too close to the router or too far away.
Afterwards you can make the required modifications.
The page ‘Your Extender is configured’ will be shown on screen once the Linksys RE6500 Setup is complete.
As indicated above, it’s also not too hassle-free to complete the Linksys RE6500 setup. Follow the steps and complete the installation process effortlessly.
Read more on digital crews