A computer system with a lower configuration can be blamed for sluggish performance, and almost every application installed on the system gets affected by it. But what if it is just QuickBooks running slow, even after having the best-performing computer? Wouldn’t it be frustrating if your QuickBooks stopped responding or did not perform the desired task? “QuickBooks not Responding” is a general query searched several times over the internet, and users often give up when they can’t find a reliable and effective solution. To help such users deal with performance issues with QuickBooks, we have targeted this article to outline the reasons that can affect the performance of your QuickBooks Desktop application and solutions that you can incorporate to fix the matter.
Dealing with issues in QuickBooks can be challenging if it is not responding. QuickBooks support team perform advanced troubleshooting using specifically designed tools to fix performance issues with QuickBooks, so contact them now at 1.800.579.0391
Here’s a List of Reasons due to which QuickBooks Stops Responding
As discussed above, a computer with low hardware configuration can be a primary reason due to which QuickBooks does not function as expected. However, this is not always the case, and the following issues can also significantly slow down your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- If an error occurs while installing QuickBooks Desktop, then it can result in performance issues.
- If the company file size has reached gigabytes which QuickBooks can’t handle at startup.
- Damage in the company file data can also be a culprit behind performance issues in QuickBooks.
In the next section of this blog, we will try to fix the issue by repairing the QuickBooks Desktop installation, reducing the size of the company file, and repairing the problems with the company data.
Also Read : QuickBooks Display Issues
Here’s what needs to be done to Fix QuickBooks Performance Issues
Solution 1: Run Install Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- If you have not already installed QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the Help tab in QuickBooks and select the QuickBooks Tool Hub option.
- Click the Tool Hub download link and save it to the downloads of your system.
- Run the downloaded setup file and finish the installation.
- Run Tool Hub and go to the Program Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it repair the issues in the QuickBooks installation.
- Rerun QuickBooks and check if it is working normally.
Solution 2: Reduce the Size of the Company File
- Click the File tab in QuickBooks and select Condense Data option from the Utilities drop-down list.
- On the next screen, select the appropriate option and click Next.
- Once the data is compressed, check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair the Company Data Damage
- Rerun QuickBooks Tool Hub and from the Company File Issues tab, select QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Let it repair the damage in the company file and restart your system afterward.
If you are still not able to resolve the issue using the expert’s suggested solution mentioned above, dial 1.800.579.0391 and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now and get the “QuickBooks not Responding” issue resolved in minutes.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 6000 77