Understanding the operations of QuickBooks is not a difficult task. However, amidst this, there can be minor technical glitches that can hinder daily business operations. This blog talks about QuickBooks Error 6143 that arises due to a damaged file component in the application. As a result, the screen might start crashing, or the users may be unable to save the created data. This error also displays a message saying, “Sorry! Something went wrong! Please try starting over.” Continue reading our blog below to learn the factors and solutions related to the issue.
Facing issues while rectifying QuickBooks Error 6143? Dial 1-855-856-0042 to speak with our expert team without any hassle.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error H202
Factors Responsible for QuickBooks Error Code 6143
- A virus or malware attack on the device can result in this error.
- Corrupted Windows system files.
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks updates.
- If the Windows component files go missing, error 6143 may come up.
- A block imposed by the system firewall or anti-virus system.
Troubleshooting Techniques for QuickBooks Error Message 6143
You can follow the below-mentioned solutions to resolve Error 6143 quickly and effectively –
Method 1 – Switch the Location of the Company File and Access it Locally
Sometimes, storing a file in a particular folder can corrupt the location. The best way to resolve this is to change the location where the document is saved. This is how –
- Navigate to the location where your QuickBooks folder is stored.
- Look for the file with the .QBW extension. This is your QuickBooks company file.
- Right-click on the file and select Copy.
- Move to your desktop screen.
- Click right again and choose the Paste option.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Press the File button and tap on the “Open or Restore an existing company file” option.
- Browse for the company file, and open the one that you pasted on your desktop.
- The error should cease to exist.
Method 2 – Open a Sample Company File to check the Issue with your Company File
Here, we need to check if the problem lies within the company file or not. This can be done by running a proxy file on the file by following the steps below –
- Open QuickBooks.
- Click on the No Company Open tab, and then choose the Sample Company File option.
- Select multiple company files from the given list.
- If the sample company file opens without any issues, you can also access the file in other local workstations.
- But, if you see QuickBooks Desktop Error 6143 popping on your screen when you try to open the sample file, you must perform a QuickBooks installation repair on your device.
With the reliable steps mentioned above, we hope that our blog helped you resolve QuickBooks Error 6143 most effectively. However, if you continue to face the issue, it is best to get in touch with an expert over the call. Dial 1-855-856-0042 to speak with a certified professional and get this fixed right away.