QuickBooks provides add-on facilities such as Payroll to provide a comprehensive solution for the accounting needs of businesses. You need to keep the application and its add-ons updated to the latest version for efficient functioning. Sometimes, when you go on to update your Payroll, you may come across QuickBooks error 15222. In this blog, we will tell you the reasons behind the error and its troubleshooting methods.
If you come across QuickBooks error 15222 while updating your Payroll and you need an expert’s assistance for its resolution, contact us at our 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons that cause QuickBooks 2019 error 15222
Let us look at the various reasons that can cause QuickBooks 2019 error 15222 so that we can resolve the error effectively. The reasons are listed below:
- The security programs installed on your computer interfering with the update considering it a threat.
- The error may occur if Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser for QuickBooks.
- Digital signature in the Internet Explorer expired.
How to resolve QuickBooks error 15222?
Method 1 : Make changes in browser
Now that you are aware of the reasons behind the error, you must be wondering how to resolve QuickBooks error 15222. You can resolve it by making Internet Explorer your default browser. Follow the steps as provided below:
- Open your Internet Explorer browser window.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ button and select ‘Internet Options.’
- Go to the ‘Programs’ tab and select the option ‘Make default.’
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button and shut down the browser window.
Try to update your Payroll now to see if you still face QuickBook error 15222. If the error persists, follow the next method.
Method 2: Installing a digital certificate through the following steps:
- Close your QuickBooks application and open the QuickBooks folder in ‘Program Files’ of C drive.
- Find the QBW32.exe file through the ‘Search’ option.
- Right-click on the file and click on ‘Properties.’
- Go to the ‘Digital Signature’ tab and make sure that ‘Intuit Inc’ is selected.
- Click ‘Details’ and then select the ‘View Certificate.’
- Press the ‘Next’ button after clicking on ‘Install Certificate.’
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button and restart your system.
- Open your QuickBooks application and try to update to check if the error is resolved.
We discussed the reasons causing QuickBooks error 15222 through this blog, as well as the troubleshooting methods that can be applied to resolve it. You can follow the methods provided and can resolve the error easily. If you face issues or you need an expert’s help, contact us at our 1.800.579.0391.